The threat of coronavirus has reached the world over. In December 2019, the viral outbreak became an epidemic as it spread to most parts of the globe from the Chinese town of Wuhan. And the world has been able to evade this disease for quite some time.
With new cases being reported every day, the coronavirus case count is increasing exponentially. Now, more than ever, individuals need to gain a clear understanding of coronavirus disease. We can save ourselves and avoid further worsening of this health emergency only when we are equipped with information on how to handle the coronavirus outbreak.
What Is Coronavirus?
Scientists are aware of many strains of this virus. In species, several strains occur without affecting humans. The coronavirus is in the same virus family as SARS (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome) and MERS (Middle East Respiratory System). The strain that emerged in China and resulted in many such deaths is known as COVID-19.
This latest strain of coronavirus has an incubation time of 14 days, so it takes 10-14 days for signs to turn up from exposure to the virus. Many organizations are taking part in COVID’s specialised cleaning programme for SMEs to increase awareness within their employees For Business Model .
How do you prove that you are affected by coronavirus?
Do not waste time and see your doctor immediately if you experience any of the flu-type symptoms. Do not pass them off as signs of the common cold, as coronavirus is here in India, and not only you but also anyone you come into touch with. This will keep you secure for taking timely action.
The doctor will prescribe a blood test for you. If the test in the laboratory detects signs of coronavirus in your sample, you will be confirmed to have the disease. You will then be put under care and quarantined so that, by coughing or sneezing, you can not spread the illness to others.
Do’s and Don’ts for Coronavirus:
- Do wash your hands regularly with water and soap or alcoholic hand sanitizer, especially if you use public amenities such as transportation and washrooms.
- Stop getting in touch with someone who looks ill.
- Do use a cloth napkin or a handkerchief when you cough or sneeze to cover your face.
- Don’t be part of a major assembly. You could transmit the virus if you are within only a few feet of an infected individual.
- With unwashed hands, don’t touch your forehead, mouth, nose, or eyes.
- For fear of being quarantined, don’t avoid the symptoms.
- In particular, don’t fly abroad to countries that are struggling from the coronavirus outbreak.
The coronavirus is causing global chaos. But when you follow the precautions strictly, you can avoid it in its steps. So practice personal hygiene and encourage your loved ones to do the same to remain safe and healthy.
No vaccine or medicine can prevent or cure the coronavirus at present. People are held under monitoring that has tested positive. Treatment requires the control of viral infection symptoms, such as taking medications that assist with coughing, nasal blockage, nausea, and throat pain.